Have U snapped at anything or anywhere recently?

Take a break from GPS related topics. Share a joke or just chit chat.

Moderator: Moderators

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

Re: Have U snapped at anything or anywhere recently?

#41 Post by cruiser » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:52 pm

moeyHC wrote:What a scene in summer.... the same place last Dec when it is below freezing...Only Brave Malaysians dare to venture... :D
SummerPalaceWinter.jpg

aaah, garang pulak!!! I trust you did dare with a dip in the lake??? :nehneh:
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

moeyHC
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575, Papaga N1, iGo, 5800, M1200, M1000B/C

#42 Post by moeyHC » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:42 pm

cruiser wrote:
moeyHC wrote:What a scene in summer.... the same place last Dec when it is below freezing...Only Brave Malaysians dare to venture... :D

aaah, garang pulak!!! I trust you did dare with a dip in the lake??? :nehneh:
FYI, Malaysians are Brave n Smart..... we leave the dipping to some foreign Nerds..... :nehneh: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MSM Glossary/Index - viewtopic.php?p=57986#p57986

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

#43 Post by cruiser » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:25 pm

moeyHC wrote: FYI, Malaysians are Brave n Smart..... we leave the dipping to some foreign Nerds..... :nehneh: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think they expect you, as "foreigners" visiting the lake to do just that if you show up during winter weeks as a Tourist meh... :nehneh: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Here's the real dare-dippers (click the pic & watch).... crazy or nerdy but they DARE do it on a winter day on Jan 01st this year..... :evil:

I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

SOSweet
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: Nuvi 200W, Omnia II + GMXT

#44 Post by SOSweet » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:37 pm

The kite flying man advised me that never visit China during their school holidays.
Be it Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Temple of Heaven, Birds Nest, Wangfujing etc etc.
See what I mean :

Q to purchase ticket for cable car ride up to Badaling. The Q stretched approx few hundred meter away from the ticketing booth.

Here is the Q inside the tunnel B 4 you reach the cable car station for the ride down the Badaling.. Outside the tunnel, Q stretched all the way as well.

This is the Hero Slope of Badaling. Jostle and shoving to get around are common.

HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar
Do More - Exercises & Good Deeds

cruiser
Elite
Elite

#45 Post by cruiser » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:21 pm

Wahhh... I don't think you left Singapore at all, but your consolation was when you both landed smack in the middle of the Great Wall and that must be a good or grinning experience!!! :mrgreen:

We were fortunate to be there as perfectly timed by our private Tour guide and what a relief to escape the kind of tunnel walk leading to Takashimaya back in Singapore while in China it was so serene & peaceful with good air to breath up at the Great Wall.

Getting started after the Mongolian Huns had left by the hordes.... :evil: :thumbsup:

As you can see... picture perfect and no Chinese "foreigners" to spoil a valued pic during a Great Wall stroll for the vacation. :thumbsup:

Even the mountain donkey knows when to show up and feel free from the jostling madness... :lol:

The downside with privilege private touring is the intrusion of the Paparazzi....no privacy lah!!! :shock: :ko:

With our English speaking Beijing guide alongside, while security chauffeur decides to stay below with the car.

No jostling to put up with, great value & timing as arranged while excellent temp was around 23C.

Finally, we thought we reached the Heavens... but Temple is truly down to earth :mrgreen:

A closer read for those with specs...

Plenty of intricate marble architecture lining the entrance to the Heavenly Temple

I asked her to pose just for me and she did, TWICE on either side!!! Must be my Hollandse wink. \:D/

SOSweet
Veteran
Veteran

#46 Post by SOSweet » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:51 pm

cruiser wrote:As you can see... picture perfect and no Chinese "foreigners" to spoil a valued pic during a Great Wall stroll for the vacation.
Bro cruise, there is a vast different between the rich and influential like you and the poor ordinary folk like me. You sip champagne with Forbe list of world riches in 6 stars hotel while uncle me lim kopi with ah pek in the kopi tian. :drinkers:
Had to jostle with the madding crowd in the Great Wall of China.
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar

moeyHC
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575, Papaga N1, iGo, 5800, M1200, M1000B/C

#47 Post by moeyHC » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:58 am

Uncle sweet... you forgot that the rich can also have the luxury of time to 'hamsuip' on the Wall..... :lol:

The school holiday crowd is nothing compared to my visit to the Shanghai World Expo last summer.... :x we are talking of >6 hours of queuing time..... :hair: ... crazy.... The Chinese must be the World most patience people... :thumbsup: good for them.
MSM Glossary/Index - viewtopic.php?p=57986#p57986

SOSweet
Veteran
Veteran

#48 Post by SOSweet » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:03 am

The 'humsiup' guy should ask the "Dragon" lady to perform a "Tiger" instead of guarding the metal gate. :lol: :nehneh:
Although I had every intend to visit the World Expo in Shanghai, but after reading the media's report of crazy long hours Q under the hot sun, I decided to give the Expo a miss with regret. :cry:
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar

singawon
Elite
Elite
GPS: XXX

#49 Post by singawon » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:21 pm

moeyHC wrote:Uncle sweet... you forgot that the rich can also have the luxury of time to 'hamsuip' on the Wall..... :lol:
SOSweet wrote:The 'humsiup' guy should ask the "Dragon" lady to perform a "Tiger" instead of guarding the metal gate. :lol: :nehneh:
I wonder if it allow to camp there overnight, it will be great telling people my kid is "make" in the great wall... :mrgreen:

SOSweet
Veteran
Veteran

#50 Post by SOSweet » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:02 pm

BEIJING ROAST DUCK

There are 2 famous roast duck restaurant in Beijing, one named Quanjude(全聚德) and the other Da Dong(大董).
The 2 restaurants usually packed with both locals and tourists . No way you can get a table without reservation. According to the local people, Da Dong’s is better than the Quanjude both on taste and prices.
We booked Da Dong Restaurant through the hotel concierge 2 days in advance. We arrived 10 minutes before the appointed time but were told had to wait for a while for available seat as the restaurant was packed with diners. After sitting down, the Captain told us that there is at least another 45 minutes wait if we wanted to order their signature dish : DaDong "Super lean" Roast Duck.

Below photo are the ½ bird we ordered.
It came with a plate with various different condiment, a basket of popia skin and 2 buns.
Their roast duck serving is different from our local one : our restaurant serves only the skin minus the meat where over there, they served both the skin and the meat, plus a bowl of duck soup.

ImageImageImage

Singapore President S R Nathan visited this restaurant.

*Amendment Note : changed better quality photo for restaurant.
Last edited by SOSweet on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar