Roll call for old times sake..

Take a break from GPS related topics. Share a joke or just chit chat.

Moderator: Moderators

sarawakguy
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: GPSMap 76Cx, Garmin 10x, Palm Tx, Nokia E71, Nokia 9300

Re: Roll call for old times sake..

#21 Post by sarawakguy » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:45 pm

ace wrote:
sarawakguy wrote:That's great. Whom do I upload to for new tracks? :champ:
it depends on where the tracks are... the different map feedback are in here...

viewforum.php?f=24

I guess your tracks are probably for East Malaysia. :-'

Thanks Bro Ace. Will do that....same time polish up the tracks and update on MSM posts.. =D>

sabre23t
Councillor
Councillor
GPS: Nuvi1350 and Google Maps Android

#22 Post by sabre23t » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:27 pm

civic98 wrote:Regardless, I would like start a roll call, of who is still hanging around here
I do visit MSM and MFM once a while. I have both maps on my Nuvi 2575R. But with both Waze and Google Maps having real time traffic info, I tend to use them for up to date info. I no longer download MSM and MFM maps weekly. Today is one of the days I do my update. ;-}

This thread is now the top thread in Kopitiam. I just "unsticky" a 4 year old thread that was on top of it, so that thread now falls downs the list. Yeah, my moderator powers still works.

I am now more active on G+ rather than anywhere else.
The world is MyMaps!

nyem
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: nuvi

#23 Post by nyem » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:30 am

No longer collecting tracks... or even bother to update the maps on my GPS. I think I've lost all my mapping skills :(

deani77
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 42 (Navigation)

#24 Post by deani77 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:44 pm

Say hi to all old timer aka OTAI :rokz:

alharis288
Qualified Mapper
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 2465

#25 Post by alharis288 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:06 am

:welcome: back.

:wave:

sabre23t
Councillor
Councillor
GPS: Nuvi1350 and Google Maps Android

#26 Post by sabre23t » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:08 am

sabre23t wrote:I do visit MSM and MFM once a while. I have both maps on my Nuvi 2575R.
Things have been really slow here in MSM eh. Well, I have retired by Nuvi 2575R a few months back. Packed up the device in a bag, and now stored in the car boot just in case. My main GPS device is now my old Samsung S4 Android phone running Google Maps. Some times I concurrently run Waze on my my main phone Samsung Note 4 Android. So that's my current setup. Sadly haven't needed to update my MSM/MFM at all.

Before retiring my Nuvi 2575R, I actually run for a few weeks 3 GPS devices at once (Google Maps, Waze and MSM). Hah. But the fiddling necessary gets old after a while.

Just my update, for old times sake. :mrgreen:
The world is MyMaps!

chek
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: 60CSx, Nuvi760, 2465LM

#27 Post by chek » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:47 pm

I have not been here for a while and would like to say a big hello to all the familiar names here on this forum. Have to re-learn almost everything on GPS, the maps, workings of the files etc! Have returned all mapping knowledge to Noah! :shock:

Nice to see Ace, Silverbeauty... here and recently also "met" OngCC on FB... where is Taipan.. ?
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

cvco
GPS: Garmin 2455LMT (8.22 map), HTC TyTN, Dopod 818Pro, Garmin Mobile 10X, MoblieXT 4.20.50, MSM 5.31

#28 Post by cvco » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:41 am

I was active on the old board and became confused with the new board and seemed to have lost my old friends so i dont come as much.

MSM is important to me because though there is a trend off of MSM in favor of Google/Android, i turn off location services in my Android phone because i want to do the tracking, i dont want anyone to track ME. So I stay on MSM.

That said, im frustrated because these days I dont know how to properly contribute. Im in Penang and find serious map errors everytime im out, often in the form of being taken far on a route only to find the map tells me to turn on roads where there are none, like being asked to drive straight through a house or hospital. Not even sure how to report errors like that. But its strange that the same errors continue for years in ongoing map versions, never corrected. Are these things not considered important errors? Last week I was taken on a ride that literally had me going in circles. I couldnt find my way and had to keep asking pedestrians how to get to a certain place or road because the map was of no help.

What i use Google for is to locate things and plan routes, then find the corresponding thing on the MSM map and mark the waypoints, then set off. Why? Because MSM doesnt let me hunt for addresses, Google does.
Charles

moeyHC
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575, Papaga N1, iGo, 5800, M1200, M1000B/C

#29 Post by moeyHC » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:01 pm

We should call a GG and relive our glory days... :rock:
MSM Glossary/Index - viewtopic.php?p=57986#p57986

miezarnd
Senior Mapper
GPS: Yang dalam kereta punya
https://goo.gl/XBdH3k

#30 Post by miezarnd » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:44 pm

Bang cvco, submit je your report. If too confusing, just create new thread for "PNG Island routing report". Sure someone pick it up (fingers crossed). I still use garmin gps becoz most of my travel route having issue with cell network.. and I always enable my 1-sec tracklogging functions.
Temerloh - Sekinchan - Sg. Puyu = 7
2575LM / 3790 / 4592LM / GPSMAP 64s / Montana 650
Jalan-jalan cari makan